how much does your three year old weigh?

my daughter just turned three on april 14th. i measured her height and weight today, and she is 38 inches tall and weighs 36 lbs. she has a doc. appointment tomorrow, and im kinda worried about her doctor telling me she is over weight. i checked her bmi with online somewhere and it said she was overweight. she doesn't over eat and doesn't eat a lot of junk. she has always been tall in my opinion, and always a size or two above her age in clothes.

julianasprotege

Asked by julianasprotege at 10:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i wouldnt worry about it at all my 3 yr old just had an apt this past mon. and she is 34 lbs the doc said that she is at a perfect wieght. i checked my bmi online once and it told me that i was obese! and im defenatly not so you cant go by that. im sure that your doc will say that she is just fine.
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• my daughter is 3 and is 34lbs. she just had her 3 yr check up and they said she was perfect weight. she is tall so her appointment will go fine. shes more thn likely perfect weight for her height. i wouldnt worry about it even though i know it easier said than done but shes perfect.
    lynn0323

Answer by lynn0323 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Hi My daughter turned 3 in Feb and she weighs 40lbs.....I don't remember how tall she is...but it's normal. And her weight is perfect....she like in the 99th percentile for her age I think....BUT she's got a ripped 6pack and better Triceps than ME!! So I don't worry about it at all....she is just SOLID! And her sister is this tiny little princess...she's 22months and only weighs 27lbs!! So go figure!!
    2princesses1mom

Answer by 2princesses1mom at 11:03 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My son turned 3 in December and he was at the doctor on Wednesday and he weighs 33.6 pounds and he's about 38 inches tall.
    DeeGillette

Answer by DeeGillette at 11:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My sons tall,cant rember measurments off hand but hes 29 pounds he turned 3 in march
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 11:44 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• BMI measurements aren't even accurate for adults, let alone children!

My son turned three in December. He's 40 inches and 35lbs. He's a scrawny little thing.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I wouldnt worry about it at all. My daugher turned 3 in October and she is 42 inches and 45 lbs. the doctor said it was fine because she was tall. Sound like your kiddo is among the tall kids and as long as she stays active and eats right I wouldnt worry to much about it.
    shannonsmomm

Answer by shannonsmomm at 4:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My daughter is 3 and she weighs 35 pounds. When she was in the hospital about a month ago (long story) they weighed her and said that she was the perfect weight for her age. She's about 36 inches also.
    mommy112005

Answer by mommy112005 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My son is will be 3 years next month and he is 34lbs and 42inches
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my baby is small------she turned 3 in March and was 24 pounds.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2009