i used sun in hair products on my kid's hair. it was a mistake. my kid is my life. i need advice.

i used the sun in hair products on my kid's hair. i know it was wrong, i regret it so much, although the color is beautiful on her, i dont want to do it anymore. many people are under the impression including family that its her natural color. her hair began getting lighter one summer so i used the product to speed up the process, and it made a drastic change that i had no choice but to continue with. she was 1.5yrs when i did it.now she's 3 going on 4 and i am fed up with the whole thing. it doesnt look as natural anymore and her hair doesnt look as healthy. but how do i fix this?, her hair is now a goldish blond. she used to be dark brown to almost black. my husband doesnt even know. his side is all blond w/ green eyes so he assumed it was just the blond coming out. i dont know what he will say or do. i'm so scared. i will be humiliated. all i've done is deny alligations of doing something to her hair. please help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sun in isn't permanent and will fade out eventually. Just stop doing it, some childrens hair darkens with age - I am a perfect example. I started out with white blonde hair, and now I have light brown hair.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:00 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I hate hair dyes too. When my daughter was 13 yo I let her get blonde hi lites. Well the colorist put too much in and dyed her hair blonde with streaks of her natural brown here and there, the complete opposite of what was supposed to be done!!!!! I was so freaked out, I could barely contain myself. DD of course just loved it. Once I accidently spilled hydrogen perioxide on my teen son when he was leaning down in front of me and it lightened his hair!!!!

How about taking her to a children's hair stylist, maybe going in with pictures of her for a consult first. I know keeping hair short allows dyes to dissipate faster!!! I'm confused why for so long you're so upset still. She's healthy she's beautiful. Do a few picture consults with some coloring experts for different opinions, you'll have choices on what to do!!! She sounds beautiful!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Just confess to your husband. Tell him everything and let it grow out. It's all you can do. Do it now before she starts school.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2009