Can you find something in your home, work, school which it's not Made in China?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My guinea pig cage
    Crock Pot--It's OLD
    Popcorn Popper--I bought it in 2000
    Flower Pots
    Guinea Pig igloo
    laundry baskets
    Diapers/Wipes
    New Balance shoes--though it says made from imported/domestic materials. They count because I think there are American workers making them..
    batteries
    I can only say 2 of my kids because one was born in Italy
    Comforter
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Tons of stuff.

Two things I see right now are my Crayola markers and my Little Women book.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yeah, my grandson's kilt and my scarves are made in Scotland

Answer by admckenzie at 11:12 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Yea, right here beside me is my Bath and Body works lotion (OHIO), My baby lotion (TENNESSEE), my Luvs diapers (OHIO), baby wipes (TENNESSEE), hand sanitizer (ILLINOIS), Folgers Coffee (OHIO)...sounds like Ohio is where we need to be putting our interests!
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Sure there is a lot of things in my home that arent made in China.. I do try and buy the american made products before anything else though- sometimes with certain items they are just harder to find, like clothes.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:23 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Yes, my quilt rack, and the 75 yr old trunk my TV sits on, a coat rack my great grandfather made in the 1940's , all of our new windows, made in a town about 80 miles from here. Our car trailer I bought for my Hubby, it was made in the next town over, about 5 miles from here. We try to buy local if we can....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• ummm... well... my 4 kids... they were made in the good ol' USA!!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• 2007 Chinese Export Recall
    Main article: 2007 Chinese export recalls
    The 2007 Chinese export recalls were a series of scandals involving tainted food and products exported from China, starting with tainted pet food imported from China to the United States that poisoned pets.[1] The recalls sparked international concern that many products made in China do not meet minimum quality standards. Soon after, the US halted imports of seafood from China after tests detected the presence of drugs unapproved in the US.[2][3] China has gone on record to admit that nearly a fifth of products made in China do not reach minimum standards.[4] Also, some children's toys made in China were found to contain excessive levels of lead, prompting widespread concern. In 2006, shipments of cough syrup and other medicines, imported from China to Panama and laden with the toxin diethylene glycol, caused mass poisonings and killed 83 people. wikipedia
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

AArrggg.... you beat me to it! lol...
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 11:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Lots of stuff. But we need to prop up the manufacturing in this country. It would mean that stuff would be more expensive, though, and not everyone could afford a $29 dvd player. They would be a few hundrend dollars instead. People don't want that.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 19, 2009