• In the Spotlight:

I am just over 5 weeks away from my due date, are there any subtle changes I should look for that indicate that labor will be starting soon?

DrewsieJo

Asked by DrewsieJo at 11:18 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• http://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/signsoflabor.html
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Everyone is different. Labor may just start up and sometimes you get the small contractions that lead up to it. Watch for your mucus plus to come out. You will notice it if it comes out at once or it could come out over time. You will notice your desire to clean and nest. Possible no longer feel pregnant and really energized or overly tired. It all depends on your body. If it were that easy we would all know what to look for so labor wouldn't be a surprise.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• just wondering . i ahvent heard it so lol that is why i ask .
    why worry with the headaches and blurry vision ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• real contractions are not that hard to count. i didnt realize i was in real labor until i was as 3 minutes apart at home. i got at hospital dialated at an 8, i was falling to the floor and they got me in a real chair, i was a minute apart when i got there, i had to wait for everything to be set up and for the doctor, it was hard to dely. when you have pain were you are having a hard time walking or moving, thats when your close, everyone is different. the day before i thought okay, tomorrow is the day, i knew and some people have that. i did most my labor at home but leave for the hospital when they are 5 or 6 minutes apart and breath good, the baby needs the oxygen, do not tense up to, its hard not to but try. a bath helps as well and i did that and i also had to keep walking and moving around my home, i couldnt hold still, i had to wait for a ride so i had a stressful morning afternoon. you might get really tired a wk prior.
    Anonymous