Is this bad??

I read my bible and do my devotions and pray daily, but lately i have been super busy and haven't made it to church in about a month, i feel horrible about it. I will be going from now on it just been hectic and things have gotten in the way lately. I still make sure to read, praise and worship. Do you think this is bad??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You don't HAVE to go to church. Reading, praising, and worshiping, is a LOT more than some people do.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:26 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Things happen!!! It is life!!! I had to stay home for a month when the girls were sick. But you just get back. You will be fine.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Do you think you having a lot of stuff going on to where you had to put some daily praying on hold displeases God? God, in all her awesome power of keeping the Universe together, sending angels everywhere, sending souls to other places and such, you think God will think harshly of you? Sweety, God loves you. Regardless of what percieved rules you think you are breaking for simply being human.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• you dont have too go to Gods house to worship him.He is where ever you need him and can hear you from anywhere.Your human, it happens.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• And didn't Jesus preach everywhere? I remember somewhere in Luke that he said look around you, the sun, the earth, the trees, those around you, God can be found everywhere you look. You think God can be contained within four walls with a talking head at the front? No. Look within, as Jesus said, and there you will find God.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It's bad that you want to give up living your life to squander it inside a church. If you were one of the Israelites marching across the desert, god would have had you killed. And for what? For having too much to do. My mom would attend church, even when she was sick. One day I said to her, "If god isn't with you all the time, why would he not be with you, whether you're inside a church or not?" You have him in your life, or you don't. Church is not the issue. If you believe you are communicating with him and keeping him with you wherever you are I'd say you're GOOD, not bad.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• witchqueen, I'm praying for you more than anyone I can think of at this very moment.
    Anonymous

• No it is not bad. I actually didn't go to church today...too rainy and yucky out there. We went last week though and usually go. Don't bash yourself. You love God and at least care about serving Him.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• IMO, it's not "bad", but it seems to me that God wants you to go to church for something you're not getting at home in your personal worship. He's giving you the feeling that you need to go, and it's not that you've been bad by not going, just that He wants you to go now.
    Anonymous

• As long as you are keeping your relationship with God, it doesn't matter where you are, He will hear you. I haven't been inside a church in almost 7 years. And I haven't been to a service in over 10. I don't feel like I HAVE to be in a church to be religious.
    And as olng as you are going to church for you and not to keep up appearences, then go. I know alot of people just go to church because they have had it drummed into their brain since they were little that that is what is right.
    -Ashley.
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2009