What can coca-cola do to you?

The reason I am asking is because hubby buys 3 bottles 2 litters of coke a week and I drink them that is all I drink I will once in a great while drink water, but usually it is coke. I can't help it I try not to drink so much I never thought when I heard you can be addicted to coke (coca-cola lol) I thought ya right but I am addicted to it. What can happen other than bladder infection, UTI, or kidney infections. Can anything else happen if you drink to much caffine (coke)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Health

• not just the sugar but the empty calories are bad for you and put on BELLY FAT. And yes once again diet coke has aspartame. NOT GOOD for you at all. I love Coca Cola too. But I have to limit my intake and drink more water and fruit juice now. OH I heard that too much pop is bad for your complexion, too and will dehydrate you!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 1:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Caffeine is a stimulate, and it's addictive. Chemically addictive just like nicotine.
    Coca-Cola just isn't healthy at all. Diet Coke is even worse than real Coke. Just stay away from them all together if you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I have tried..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• why is diet coke worse?? that is all I drink!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I would just limit your intake. All that sugar isn't good for anyone. Don't get me wrong, I love Coke also, but that's a lot mama.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Diet coke has high fructose corn syrup, which is actually worse for you that sugar.

Seriously, drink water.

Your kidneys will love you.
    A.W.96

Answer by A.W.96 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Addiction to anything with sugar isn't healthy and the carbonated water isn't good for you either. my grandmother used to say sugary drinks just made you more thirsty which caused a cycle of drinking more sugary drinks. Moderation in all things is a good policy to have in life, sodas included. The body is mostly water. Give yourself plenty of water to keep it healthy.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Your probably having problems letting go of the caffeine in the soda. Try moving to tea, then start to cut down on your tea consumption replacing it with water. Soon you will be off the fizzy drinks and won't crave them as much. The sodas are also bad for our calcium absorption.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• The caffeine in coke wouldn't/isn't my concern. It is the acidity of it that is the problem.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Diet coke has aspartame, not HFCS.
    Anonymous