i used sun in hair products on my kid's hair. it was a mistake. my kid is my life. i need advice.

I had posted a question about using sun in on my who is now 3yr old daughter, back when she was a yr. and a half. My conern is that my daughter's natural hair color is almost close to black. right now it's like a gold, reddish blond. beautiful, but not natural. and her hair is starting to dry out and look unhealthy. my other question has more details. letting it grow out will obviously show dark un natural roots. i'm just so scared of what my husband will say. my daughter is my life my everything, she is the light of my life. she is absolutley gorgeous!! buti just dont wanna do this to her hair anymore. what can i ido?? please help me. this is my second question posted.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Let her roots grow out and don't bleach her hair anymore. Find some good shampoo and condition to restore it.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 11:51 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• love her just the way she is, natural color and all. It will grow out. Condition it and cut it often so it grows faster and don't do it again!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Why...why on earth...would you ever color your child's hair.

Ever.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 1:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• it's just hair. let it grow out with dark roots until it's long enough for a cute bob haircut.
    Use conditioner.

I remember trying Sun In on my medium brown hair when I was in Junior High. just a section on the front-side. It ended up BRIGHT BRASSY ORANGE!

My 14 yr olk used Sun In Last summer. He had his head shaved bald, then when it has grown back about 1/2-3/4 inch he doused it with Sun In. Now he has blond tips. But is hair is very light brown anyway- so it's not Huge Obvious
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Let the roots grow out and remember that by changing her so young you might be sending the unintended message that you don't like her the way she is.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 1:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Just cut it short and stop using it. It will grow out before you know it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• What in God's name is wrong with you?
    Anonymous