what do i do with these kittens???

My Dh found a couple 5-6 week old kittens on our porch. What do I feed them? There is no mama around, so Im not sure what to do with them...

HelloKitty86

Asked by HelloKitty86 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pets

• you can ask a vet for kitten formula or buy it at the pet store and give it to them by spoon, bowl or bottle depending on their development.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• For a while I would give them kitten food mixed with warm water until it gets soft.. gradually switching over the next couple weeks to dry.
    Mommy2aQT

Answer by Mommy2aQT at 12:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yes they should be fine with kitten food (soft, or softened kibble). If you can afford it, you could take them in to see a vet so they can make sure they are healthy, give an accurate age and have them tested (and treated) for any type of parasites (that you and your family CAN get!including worms). After all of that, if you are not wanting to keep them, I suggest finding them responsible homes (this may take a while) in about 2-4 weeks . This means vet references, phone numbers, addresses and even a little about their family background and health records of other pets. I also recommend a small rehoming fee to help weed out the nut jobs.
    Goodluck.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• And if you could find a low cost spay/nueter clinic you could get them altered and refer the new owners to them.
    babycakes254

• there is some things online ...google....it....there is a formula you can make for kittens.~ and puppys...etc...

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• They are nearing the rearing age, so when you buy the formula if you do, get the stage 2. It's a little thicker. I have a male cat with health problems and he was on it for a while...it was so easy to get him back on a solid diet with it.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• ^^ That should be weaning and not rearing LOL...I was listening to this show and hear rear LOL
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2009