My son is 17 months old and is very tall for his age and is not ready for toddler bed has anyone ever bought one of those crib net things to keep their toddlers from climbing out of their crib and if so do they work?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is a height limit on most cribs. Be sure to check that.

I've heard things on both sides about those tents...for some they work, for some they don't.

Ours were tall, too. We went ahead and put them in regular beds at 15 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I switched my dd into a toddler bed around 19 months....because she kept climbing over the railing, it would have been horrid if she fell onto the wood floors so we eliminated the crib~ i NEVER would have bought the thing you put over their crib ....thats just too confining for me. but to each their own... i would invest in a toddler bed...and of course a baby gate.....for the door..so in the morning he doesnt get out!....

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Climbing out of a crib the point they are ready for a toddler bed or regular bed. It is too dangerous to keep then restrained when they are that mobile
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I've heard to put them in a toddler bed when they can climb out of the crib, it's too dangerous otherwise. But you can get rails for the toddler bed, so they don't roll out of it, while sleeping. Much safer solution.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2009