If you needed photos on a budget would you try a new photographer?

People take their important event serious. I do too. I am trying to get my name out in the photo world. Unfortunately with my lack of funds, I don't have money for big marketing expenses. How can I gain the trust of others to allow me to take their photos? I'm a people person. prompt, caring and work hard to give you the best. Any ideas moms on how I can get more clients on a budget? I've tried offeirng free services and believe it or not that hasn't worked. What would you do? I'd love it if you look at my photos, but please don't forget to give me some advice on what you would do. I appreciate your time, because you didn't have to stop here. www.flickr.com/photos/d_gilliam_photography. I reside in Georgia.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 12:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Take pictures of friends family and kids, make a portfolio, set up a webpage with your contact info, photos and prices. Email the site to friends and family. Advertise on the wall at the grocery store, at church, at daycare, etc. Tell parents at sporting events, bring brochures that you make with examples of your work.

BTW, where in Georgia do you live? I was born in Brunswick and am always interested in the area.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I agree with tyfry7496. Especially a portfolio! People want to see what the photos will be like printed. It takes time. Like you said people take their photos and family events seriously. You have to build up slowly and gain people's trust when it comes to photos. It just takes time and patience.
    ShutterBug77

Answer by ShutterBug77 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2009