okay. this is JUST FOR FUN*

I need everyone to leave a comment trying to help me to talk my hubby into having another baby soon. :] He wants to wait a while, I want to have a baby next summer. So mommas help me!! I'm gonna make him read this.. =]

Why it would be great to have another child now, my son is 13 months.

Remember its just for fun!!!

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have four kids, two girls and two boys, all 19-21 mos apart in age, and it is a terrific spacing IMO! The kids are so close. My eldest daughter doesn't ever remember life without her sister, so there was no adjustment period where she felt displaced. It was seamless... for us, a toddler welcoming a new sibling has never resulted in them acting out in a negative way. There are challenges to having a dependent toddler and a totally dependent newborn at the same time, but there are challenges with any spacing, and for us the benefits make it more than worthwhile.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Babies are just awesome and think with two they can play and interact with each other which is Just as amazing as watching your first learn how to roll over walk talk and crawl and all that cause big bro or sis is right their just as amazed as you are. it's beautiful and hilarious.
    SivDre

Answer by SivDre at 1:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My brother and I are 5 years apart... growing up we really didn't have too much in common and didn't really spend a lot of time together.. it took us until we were in our 20's to really even have a closer relationship. My brother and sister are only 2 1/2 years apart and they have been close their whole lives.. they shared some of the same friends and did a lot more together growing up. So I think having kids closer together in age is better for the children as far as getting along and having a stronger bond during child hood!

(**OK fun on the side.. listen to his reasons for wanting to wait..they may be valid.. plead your case and hope that he will be willing to consider your feelings and make a decision based on what is best for your family!)

Good luck!! And hope to hear happy pregnancy news soon!!! Praying 4 u!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 1:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Our 12 and 6 yr old fight like crazy.... Our 5 and 6 yr old(13 months apart) are like salt n pepper, you can't have one w/out the other!!!! They are best Buddies!!!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 1:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Good luck hun, Here's a bump for ya. My son is 13 months also and I want another and hubby says not yet.

bump

Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 1:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Tax deduction. Cha Ching.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Ummm....cuz your wife would be home with them all day while you get to go out and work! Hehehe.
    I like the tax deduction suggestion...lol.

Truly, though, my children were 2 1/2 years apart and I think I would have pulled my hair out and gone crazy if they were any closer in age. Now that they are older, they each get to experience things for the first time in their own due time so that we can enjoy it and get used to it, rather than one right after the other. Things like sweet 16, getting a license, getting a job, entering high school, graduating, moving out of the home, marrying, having children.........it's hard enough to watch them grow, but when they are close in age and grow all at once then it is too much of a shock on the parents.

Best wishes on whatever you and your husband BOTH decide.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• okay hubby look time for another baby or jodi is going to have to make a road trip. now lets get busy. (well not you and me but you and your wife) now go.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009