hiccups?

my baby gets hiccups like 3 times a day he is 3 weeks old tuesday is this normal?

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 1:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most of the time it is normal, but it could also be a sign of reflux. If your little one shows other symptoms of reflux (spitting up a bunch, fussy when eating, fussy when burping) and the hiccups don't go away, you may want to check with your pediatrician. good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 2:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Normal... some get hiccups a lot
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Normal and it bothers you more than it bothers them. For now. lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Yeah it's normal.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Totally normal!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• my ten month old DD has been hiccuping since she was in the womb. she is a frequent hiccupper. i asked her gastro doc and she wasn't concerned about it.
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My little one had the hicups while she was in the womb, and I started getting consernced about it then, the dr. said its nothing to worry about though, just to enjoy the ride. that should have given me a heads up on what was to come. She has had the hicups since day one. She gets them for the most part when she eats, and we were concerened to feed her when she hicuped, but it didn't seem to hurt her. We tried to slow down how fast she eats, but it doesn't seem to do anything. She's now 7 weeks old, and we just deal with them. I try to rock her in hopes it settles her down, may be that will help. But for the most part, we just live with them. it doesn't seem to hurt her.
    oldpoohbear

Answer by oldpoohbear at 4:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009