What is my role as a Maid of Honor??

My best friend has asked me to be her maid of honor for her wedding in August of 2010. Ofcourse I said yes, but now I am not sure what I should be doing. I know it is up to me to schedule the bachelorette party and bridal shower but I am not sure how to go about that. What should I do? How close to the wedding should they be? HELP!!!!!

PhotographyM0m

Asked by PhotographyM0m at 1:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm the Matron of Honor for my sister in May of 2010 :)

You're in charge of the parties, but you can ask for help from the other girls in the wedding party. I'd set the Bridal shower for 6 weeks before the wedding or so, and then the bach party for one or 2 weeks before the wedding. You don't want to do it the night before unless you're planning on having a girls' night in and taking it easy. You don't want a bunch of hungover women for the wedding, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You're the go-to gal for the bride... you help her in anyway she needs, you help to organize the bridesmaids as needed, you would be the one to bring an emergency kit to the wedding for those unforeseen incidents (extra hairspray, sewing kit, white out for any marks on her dress, etc etc)  ... if you go to this article at theknot.com it has all the details about what the role of the maid of honor!

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• http://www.bridesmaid101.com/maid_of_honor_duties.html

You will love that site. It's so helpful and has a checklist!! Congratulations on being MOH!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Eh, it depends on the bride. lol. I'm the MOH for my best friend in Sept. Her fiances sister has already started planning the bridal shower and for some strange reason they are having a joint bachellor/bachellorette party which his friends are planning. So basically I'm the one on call for last minute details and emergency shopping trips, lol.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• whatever she tells ya basically lol :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2009