Which do you think?

In all honesty which feeding method gives you more sleep....breast or formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did both, one child formula, one child breast. I'd say breast gave me more sleep. For formula I had to walk to the kitchen warm the formula, and deal with the bottle in addition to feeding the baby. For breast, I fed the baby.

Answer by Bmat at 1:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• formula, but i never based it on what gets me more sleep
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• For me personally, formula was a godsend for me. I didn't sleep at all when I was breastfeeding.

Of course, it all depends on your baby and where the baby sleeps. Every situation is different. I personally get about ten hours of sleep at night. But I'm sure there's some formula feeding moms out there that barely get three.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I think formula kept him full longer at night, but yes BF was way faster to "get it ready" in the middle of the night.
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• .......it doesnt matter .....if a baby wants to eat..you wake up.and feed them.....if a baby wants to cry..you listen and try to comfort...lol
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• If you cosleep at first then breastfeeding definitely because you don't have to get out of bed to nurse and you just feed the kid and go right back to sleep. yes formula keeps their tummies full longer because it is harder to digest, ,but that is not even close to being a valid reason to not even try breastfeeding.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2009