Do your kids like the foods you craved while prego with them ??

My mom ate KitKats 24/7 when pregnant with me and guess what I LOVE KitKats they are my favorite !

With my DD I craved spicy mexican food (chimichangas not sure if that's spelled right) and she is now 2 and also LOVES them which surprises me since they are really spicy the ones I eat.

I am currently 14 weeks and I LOVE again spicy foods just wondering if this baby will also like spicy stuff later on.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 1:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes...I have often wondered if I was the only one. With baby 1 I craved milk, steaks, and salads. LOL My oldest is a healthy eater and loves all those things. With baby 2 I craved some junk, burgers and ice cream and spinach. My middle daughter is the same - spinach is the ONLY vegetable she will eat. Baby 3 I craved breads - bagels and cheese toast. LOL my third daughter loves breads - her favorite snack is bread and butter.
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 2:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Sort of... I loved dipping french fries in milk shakes (made the Purple Kid's daddy stop at burger king ON THE WAY to Tripler while my labour was 2 minutes apart, so I could have a shake and fries, which I later of course threw up).

The Purple kid loves tater tots dipped into what I think are "Blizzards"... like a milkshake only a lot thicker.

Coincidence? I think not!
    Morniel

Answer by Morniel at 2:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• The Purple Kid? LOL, wtf?
    Anonymous

• Yup. With Ja I craved Kale, spinach, and ice-cream. Overall he eats pretty good and will make healthy choice.
    With my daughter I swear that I should have known I was pregnant cause I started to buy Entiments (but I thought it was the stress of separting). All pregnancy I craved sweets and junk etc.
    And guess who will always choose the cupcake over the veggie
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I really craved anthing spicy while I was pregnant and my kids all love spicy food.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I will say my second child sure does love the stuff I craved. I ate pickles, and ice like there was no tomorrow. Now my daughter eats them the same way. She eats the heck out of ice, and pickles.
    Anonymous

• ohh yaa..my whole pregnancy i was obsessed with kraft dinner..ate it almost every single day..and my daughter LOVES it now to!! same with honey nut cheerios, and cheese melted
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My daughter likes just about everything, And had cravings for thai food, and sweets with her, she especially likes the sweets. With my son didn't crave anything really, maybe that's why he's picky eater.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 7:54 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yes they usually do.. I have 8 children.. #1 I craved liver, baked beans & greens..but I also had low iron.. he pretty much eats anything but he is not too keen on liver. #2 it was pizza & chocolate- her two favorite things.. #3 I craved carbs-bread, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese , peanut butter.. she is another one that will eat anything.but she loves mashed potatoes, mac & chesse. #4 and #5-twins-it was dairy, milk, cream, ice cream, yogurt, cheese, sour cream..I couldn't get enough.. neither can they. #6 it was peanut butter & chocolate.. every morning she asks if we can have pb &j sandwiches for breakfast #7 I had to have tacos& hamburgers , he is only 3 ,it is hard to say with a toddler, but when ever have we them ,he eats all of it & asks for more.. #8 I craved cheese burgers, nachos & peas.. she is only 2 months old , so it remains to be seen.. w/ all but #1 I craved chocolate, we are house full of chocoholics.
    munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 9:20 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• well with tristan all i ate was sweets and he of course loves sweets. haha. also i hated chicken when pregnant with him and now after 2 years he finally eats chicken (but only nuggets).
    chrissy12507

Answer by chrissy12507 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009