what does your water breaking feel like?

i was going to the bathroom last night and i felt a popping sensation and then i couldnt stop peeing tmi i know but i am concerned and they had to break my water with my first so i dont know what it feels like naturally. i did have some leaking yesterday morning and afternoon and then that happened. please reply. i am going to the hospital but i wanted some advise and support too.

nikki-blu

Asked by nikki-blu at 2:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• thats exactly how my friend described it... she felt a pop and than she felt like she was peeing but when she "clenched" to stop the pee.... it wouldnt stop it was this constant flow.... alot of it too...
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• for me i was already in painful labor and i was laying down..my dd felt like she was gonna come out in one big rush and then boom..lots of nasty fluids that didnt stop for like 30 seconds..im jealous! you're having your baby!! congrats!! im now 2 days overdue.lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i had a slow leak. for me it felt like everytime i moved i peed a little, except the pee was clear and smelled sweet lol sorry TMI i know. sounds about right good luck!!!!!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 3:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I heard it pop and then gush.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 3:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i didnt even realize that it was my water. i thought that the baby was just setting on my bladder and making me pee myself. this started about 10 am. i was also haveing some mild but sharp pains in my hips and hoo hoo. well by 10 that night i had to know why i kept doing this so went to L&D and i was dialated to a 9 and had my son no more then 20 minutes after i got there. i didnt feel a pop or anything just like i was peeing myself
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 5:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009