If your in a debate and the other person has a good point...

Do you admit they proved you wrong or that they have a point. Or do you just leave the thread and ignore the rebuttle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Grow some balls and be like, you know, you're right. The goal of a debate is to prove you wrong, and you have been proven wrong lol
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 3:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Don't overthink it. Could just be she had to leave for a while and will be back on. Or, that you won the debate or that she can't admit that she is wrong. I know I have trouble with that. :)
    Anonymous

• If they make a good point it doesn't mean they won or I changed my mind but I say 'you see it differently then I do & that's ok' it states that isn't the way I see it but I'm not going to argue with them. to each their own. everyone does things their own way and that's ok
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 2:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• A good point doesn't necessarily prove anything right/wrong. I've been known to admit they made a good point, then with some research find an equally good point to support my point of view.

It happens.

Anonymous

• I delete all my responses as quickly as possible. No just kidding- but that is what I'd like to do. I'm a sore loser.

I either or ignore it, or in my head admit that they are right and I am wrong.
    Anonymous

• If someone makes a good point but doesn't change my mind on the topic as a whole, I'll say so. If they made a good point and changed my mind, I'll say that, too. But, if I can see that they THINK they made a good point, but that, to me, it's really NOT one, or that it's a circular argument (meaning that when it comes down to it, it's a matter of belief / opinion on whatever subject), then I'll often just drop it and let it go, because neither side is going to convince the other, and so it's pointless to go round and round about it.

Though here on CM I'm sure there have been times that people have thought that I couldn't admit I was wrong, simply because I posted something then got tired of the topic and didn't go back to see if anyone responded, or I got busy doing other things and later didn't feel like searching through the answers to see if anyone answered, and moved on.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I don't argue unless I have a winning argument n the first place.lol
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• "I delete all my responses as quickly as possible. No just kidding- but that is what I'd like to do. I'm a sore loser."

haha.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2009