Anyone ever have an overactive thyroid?

And test negative for anything being wrong. I'm eating mass amounts of food and always feel tired and have been slowly loosing weight. I've also lost a lot of hair. My doctor is thinking about testing my thyroid again because the first time it came out normal. I was wondering if anyone else went through a similar situation.

smalltowngal

Asked by smalltowngal at 2:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (-9 Credits)
  • If that is a medical excuse for being fat and overeating......then YES I have that.
    Anonymous

It's the opposite. I can't stop loosing weight and I eat 2500-3000 calories a day. I am nursing but he's 11.5 months old and eating 4 solid meals a day and down to 3-4 nursings a day. I'm tired all the time and have had 3 fevers in the last 6 weeks that were 102+ so my health is not doing well. I'm debating whether or not to wean DS at 12 months to see if that helps the situation.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 2:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I have hyperthyroidism so I gained weight like crazy and I went to get it removed by radioactive treatment and Im pregnant and fine now.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Maybe you should cut your calories down to 2000.
    Anonymous

• an overactive thyroid will cause you to be warm all the time and not tired, your eyelids will not touch your irises and you will have a wide-eyed appearance. you will lose weight and be sweaty all the time.
    it sounds more like early diabetes, or you are nursing more than you think and putting out more calories than you think.
    hair loss can be attributed to many things, but in your case it sounds like a protein deficiency or your diet consists of poor proteins.
    Anonymous