• In the Spotlight:

This might sound strange....

My daughter is almost 10 months old and whenever we put her in a highchair that has the bar in between her legs she rubs up against it almost like shes humping it and she zones out... Has anyone elses child done this??

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there any reason for you to suspect sexual abuse?
    You really need to talk to a doctor about this, if she is blacking out this is NOT normal and very serious.
    Anonymous

• My oldest use to hump things I found out it was because she was awake one night while we were having and saw. I thought she was to young to realize. we told her no every she did it and discouraged her. about a while she stopped.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• If she was three I'd say it was normal masturbatory behavior... at ten months though that seems really unlikely. Talk to your pediatrician... it could be a form of a seizure disorder, or some other neurological issue. If abuse of any kind is even a remote possibility, you should also consider that.

Have you tried holding her during meals instead of putting her in the seat? Maybe it's really uncomfortable or there is some other negative association with it?

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2009