How many single mommies are there on here?

Im a newly single mommie and Im scared. I was JW how many other single mommies are on here who have done it and have a happy life? I know it takes time but I cnat stay upset all the time about being single. I have so many questions for single moms. How did you do it? How do you know that every day you will be fine? Did you find another man to be your babys father? Is it possible to find someone while your pregnant? (no bashing PLEASE Im really upset over everything that has gone on so far in my life and I just need help and suppoet from others who have been through the same thing.)

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 2:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well.... for the first two years or so i was a single mom. it was hard as HELL. but i did it. i had to realize that i HAD to do things for me and my son. not for anyone else. if someone else didnt like it, fine, dont talk to me. i didnt care. that's where a lot of younger moms go wrong. They care WAY too much about what other people think. I know everyday i'll be fine, because the day before i PLANNED. I MADE it better. i didnt just sit around and wait for things to fall in place. i MADE things happen for US. I didn't find another man to be my babys father, even though there were some that were willing. i didnt look for another man while pregnant but i have a friend that did find someone else while pregnant and got pregnant again about six months after birth or so... so yes, that IS possible. if you want to talk message me. i had my first at 17. i know how hard it can be. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• btw. my son is going to be three next month. the reason im not single anymore is because his father and i got back together last late summer/early fall. i had boyfriends inbetween, just not one that i could consider to be a father figure to my baby. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You'll be fine just make sure you have food on the table and a roof over your heads and don't worry about finding someone right now just take care of your child/ren and you. Get everything in your life together so when the time is right you can find someone that will love you and your child/ren. We (cafemom) are always here for you all you have to do is get on and someone will be here to answer any questions you may have like you have done. I'm not telling you it all gonna be easy cause you will have bad days. But there will be more good then bad days.... GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I have been a single mom since the night before my son was born (good timing huh?) My son will be two the end of this month and we are making it just fine on our own. Don't worry about finding a man (I know easier said than done) and live your life for you and your child. I agree with mommykayti, you have to MAKE things happen. MAKE it a better life for you and your child. Don't wait on man to come do that for you. Anyway, PM me if you want to talk.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Im about to be a single mommy =(
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 3:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I am a single mom and have been since my daughter was 3 months old. She will be 3 April 30th. It's not easy and I'm not very happy either. I want more than anything to settle down and have a family. I think about it every day. It's not much fun doing everything by yourself for so long. But you get to take ALL the credit for how your child turns out and say you did it alone. Also you don't have to worry about what the guy wants to do about circumsizing, vaccinations, and how you want to discipline the child. There are pros and cons to every situation. Just be patient and don't go looking for someone to replace the dad. You and your child will probably have a very strong bond with it just being the 2 of you. Good luck tho!
    Zoesmommy430

Answer by Zoesmommy430 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2009