16 weeks pregnant and passing out

So I am 16 weeks 4 days pregnant, and everything has been fine...my iron levels are good, im on prenatals, and everything is great! At first I would feel light headed OFTEN and would have to sit down no matter what i was doing, but it passed...until now!!! I went shopping this morning and felt sooo bad...i got hot, dizzt, felt sick to my stomach, and it was BAD! i had to walk out to my car and lay down...i still feel miserable! Im on the verge of passing out and IDK why =/

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 3:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its normal, happens to me occasionally.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It's normal it use to happen all the time to me for the first 3 months, I would usually throw up shortly after wards.
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I get that feeling sometimes too, but I never actually get to the point of passing out (knock on wood). I just sit down and take it easy..drink something, and it usually goes away.
    My grandma was telling me that when she was pregnant she would faint! She made it seem like it's completely normal, so i'm sure its fine.
    If it really is bothering you it couldn't hurt to put a call into your doctor just to check. I do that kind of often, just for peace of mind.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 4:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Passing out is not normal. It's actually something you need to worry about. Keep getting your iron checked out and your blood pressure. I've continuously had the same symptoms plus some. Took them a while to figure out what was making me pass out.
    Anonymous

• take a bottle of water with u whereever u go
    Anonymous

• I agree it's not really normal. This happened to be 3 times before I hit 20 weeks. It ended up being a combo of low iron (I know you said your iron was ok though) and low blood pressure. You should def tell your OB so they can check all your levels. Good luck!
    _Baby_Love_

Answer by _Baby_Love_ at 5:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2009