Unforgivable sin? do you forgive everyone, anyone and anything?

Is there an unforgivable action? Has anyone done anything to you that you are having a hard time forgiving them for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. I got raped and can not find it in my heart to forgive him as he was charged with 22 other rapes as well. I also can not forgive the man who killed my father when he was trying to kill himself.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• There are things and people I can not forgive. It only hurts myself, but I can't let go. I can't fault anyone that just can not forgive someone. Yeah, there are the unforgivable, IMO.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• No.. I forgive no matter what. Do I do it right away in all cases? No... but I do eventually forgive. It is a choice.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• How do you carry on buffie? I want to forgive a person very close to me. I do forgiver her until I see her or hear her voice and then all the feelings come back. But like you said it only hurts me and keeps my heart sad. Jesus said to forgive, but never gave instructions on how.
    Anonymous

• I can forgive anything. I may not choose to do it right away, but I can do it. My problem comes to the forgetting part. As a result I am on the overly cautious side. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me kind of thing. i am working on it though. As of yet, there has been no unforgiveable action taken by me. (Knocks on wood). I would think if someone deliberately hurt my children I might not be so forgiving.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I FORGIVE ALL AND ANYTHING, THE ALTERNATIVE IS NOT FORGIVING AND IT TEARS MY SOUL APART.

Answer by older at 3:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• There are many things I consider unforgiveable if they are done to me & if I feel that way I make no effort to forgive them.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It can be hard to forgive. I know there are people in my life (mainly my ILs) who I know I should forgive (for my own sake if not theirs) but yet when I see them or talk to them I find myself getting angry all over again. It is difficult because I know forgiveness is the best for everyone concerned, but it is so hard to get to that state of mind after years of drama and hurt. My position right now is to be civil and let forgiveness come in it's own time. I am not going to deny my feelings and say I forgive them when really I am not quite there yet. Lying about where I am emotionally is just going to mess things up worse. But I am going to be mindful of my feelings and so not let them control my actions in a way that will worsen the situation. I do hope to forgive when I am ready, until then I am prepared to act in wisdom and mindfulness so I don't create more drama for any of us.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• So far, I have been able to forgive the people that have done me wrong. I hope I will always be able to have forgiveness because it truly can ruin your life if you hold onto it.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 3:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My dad died in may of 2006 and my mom told me about six months ago that he had molested my half sister. I don't think I will ever be able to forgive him. Especially because he was the most hardcore christian man ever! I had to go to church every Sunday i was going to hell if i wore a skirt above my knee the WHOLE time i was growing up he would spend (NOT KIDDING) at least 3 hours a day reading the bible and praying. he was just a f ing hypocrite. I will NEVER forgive him for what he did. I hope he is rotting in hell.

Anonymous