Am I the only mom whose baby goes to bed early?

There seems to be a lot of moms on cafemom who babies (12 months and under) go to bed between 10pm and midnight. My daughter goes to bed by 7:30pm.

Why such late bed times? No judgements...I was just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I think that a lot of babies sleep schedule has to do with when the parents go to bed. For example, when I worked until 9:30pm, it would take me 1/2 hour to get home, and Kaylee would go to bed shortly after I got home because my SO was up and she knew I would be coming home.

When I started school and working early shifts, she transitioned real fast and easy to going to bed earlier - all it took was getting her butt up at 5:30 or 6am, lol. Since she was 6 months old she has gone to bed between 7 and 8pm, depending on when she woke up that morning (between 5:30 and 7am)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• my DD's 4 and 15 months both go to bed at 8pm
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My daughter is 7 months and she is in bed no later then 9 pm. Once in awhile she might stay up until 10 if she has a long nap but she's usually in bed by 8 to 8:30 and knocked out by 10
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My son went to bed at 7 until he was a year old. He's almost two now and goes to bed between 8 and 8:30. I think a lot of babies probably sleep later if they stay up later, my son was never one of those kids, lol. He's up by 6 regardless of what time he goes to bed.

Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My babies always went to bed by 7 or 7:30 by 5 months or so. My guess is it's the cosleepers who have the later bedtimes, because they wait for Mom to go to bed with them. I need the time to myself before it all starts up again... plus babies sleep better and longer if they're not overtired.
    Anonymous

• When my son was that age, I was a single mother and worked 10 am to 10 pm and didn't get to spend a lot of time with my son. An hour or so in the morning, 20- 30 minutes in the afternoon between shifts, and then another hour or so after I got home from work. As he got older, he started falling asleep earlier. We never forced him to stay up if he was tired, I just liked getting to cuddle and play with my little man every second tht I could.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• my daughter's bed is 8pm. when her dad is home from work on his days off she will go to bed about 9 but no later than that and even for her 9pm is late. she is only getting one nap in but its a 2 hour nap to a 3 hour nap. But no i don't let her stay up pass 8pm on the days her dad's work
    newmomof08

Answer by newmomof08 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My daughter is usually alseep by 9:30-10 (she is 16 months old) she sleeps all night until 8:30-9 in the morning. It works for US. Just as YOUR bedtime should work for your family.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 4:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• my dd refuses to go to bed early. ive tried and tried and no matter what i do she wont go to sleep before 1am! even if shes really really tired she fusses and cries then around 1 gives in. i dont like her being up so later and hearing how other babies sleep at 8 i feel like im a bad mother for not being able to get her to sleep early.
    Anonymous

• Even when my daughter and I co-slept, she still went to bed hours before I did...usually by 6:30pm/7pm.
    Anonymous