Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the procedure of visiting the US from Canada?

I know I can only go for 6 months max, but if I'm visiting do I still get CTB? What type of ties do I need to prove I'll come back to Canada?

Answer Question

Asked by WhippleBaby at 3:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Travel

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • A passport. A home address in Canada and probably travel forms. Call the border patrol and ask them they can tell you or you local post office or court house.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

  • I know we'll all need passports, but that doesnt exactly tie me to Canada. Anyone know about CTB though?

    Answer by WhippleBaby at 3:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

  • You should call the office. I don't think it will be a problem as long as you spent part of the year residing in Canada.

    Answer by marklorna at 6:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

  • HEY i live on the border, you dont need a passport yet, just ID, birth certificate or ssc, goodluck

    Answer by Mommy_Chula17 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

  • To:
    * Mommy_Chula17
    Do you recieve CTB? Do you know if I still will for the time I am out of the country?

    Answer by WhippleBaby at 12:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

  • As of June 1,2009 a passport will be required of all U.S. citizens to travel to Canada.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.