Are You Really Here To Meet And Make Friends With Others Moms, Or Are You Just Trying To Promote Your Business?

When I joined this site,I just wanted to meet other moms, but all is see is moms wanting you to join there business.What's up with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• I agree, its kind of annoying but I just dont open those posts. I am just here to meet and mingle, business free =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I don't have a business so I am here to meet new moms in the area and possible have play dates and little friends for my 7 month old daughter.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I started here looking to meet other moms, but I found many of them were getting scammed by online work at home jobs.
    So now I spend more of my time here educating moms on scams.
    You can't join my business and I don't sell anything.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 4:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I promote here but I also have lots of friends here. I've talked to lots of local moms and I use the groups for medical, family, toddler, & cooking advice. I love this place!
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I promote my page which gives free info on legit jobs that actually pay. I like helping people. but I also spend a lot of time talking about my two year old son. I am a stay at home mom thanks to my hubby being so great ( behind every good man is a good woman:-) But i do both here.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I found my business on cafemom, and it definitely wasn't my intention to annoy anyone with posts. That's why I only talk about it if someone is specifically asking about wah opportunities or in the wah groups. But I'm also active in all my other groups. yes I have a siggy you can click on, but I (hope) I don't bother people with it! You don't have to click on it!
    On the other hand, I think there may be a decent amount of people using cafemom JUST for advertising purposes. But really, we're all just trying to get by, right?
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 5:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• PS, as you can see, neither I nor any of the other PP who had something to promote included their link.... because we really are real people and are more than business sharks! lol
    We don't want to bother people who aren't interested.
    But if you're looking, cafemom is a great place to learn more about these things
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 5:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• motherofanaries, I agree. I promote my site when people ask if anyone knows of legit online jobs. That's why I hang out in the money section, we wouldn't go to "baby & toddlers" and post our links.

I don't think there is anything wrong with promoting on CM as long as you do it where people ask for the information. If people are only here to make friends they won't be in "Money & Work".
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 5:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• both!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I initially came here to meet new people and make friends but quickly learned this site is just like any other site and having all women makes it worse. Ive chatted with some nice folks but beyond that I dont do much socializing. I have 2 businesses and do not advertise either here, this isnt the place for it.

I think its irritating especially when they join the local group, dont try to mix and mingle and just go straight to advertising.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2009