Post Partum sex...

So im three weeks post partum and no longer bleeding and had sex last night... used a condom and water based lubricant and it felt fine.... No pain or anything... it felt amazing actually....

But do you think im at risk for any infection?...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had sex at 3 weeks too. I think as long as you were protected and nothing hurt you, you should be fine. I know right after you have a baby is when you're most fertile. thats what my doc told me..
    Anonymous

• 3-6 weeks is when most practitioners will give a green light.
    Anonymous

• I think it's fine. I had sex about four weeks PP. I guess infection is POSSIBLE, but, infection ANYTIME is possible. Just watch for change in discharge color and smell and stuff like that. You should be alright though =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yes, you are at risk. your cervix is dialated, and should lubricant or anythign of that nature get into your uterus, it can cause an infection.
    tthey say 6 weeks because that is when your cervix should be closed properly.
    heatherann4

Answer by heatherann4 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2009