Is a bloody nose common in pregnancy?

When I blow my nose sometimes there is like a little blood clot in it. not much, but its happened throughout this pregnancy. I didnt have it with my others and was just wondering if it is common?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, along with bleeding gums
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• first responder's right on every thing. When I was pregnant with my first baby, I had nose bleeds alot very bad ones. Try keeping your nostirlls moist with vaseline in them every couple of hours.
    Anonymous

• yep. im 20 weeks...I started getting them around 18 weeks. I read that it was common around that time. I havent really had a pouring blood nose bleed but it does bleed often. Just another joy of pregnancy...woohoo...lol
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yep normal but if its alot u should talk to ur doc cause sometimes thats a sign of high blood pressure- a little bleeding though is caused by the increased blood volume
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2009