Do your kids have friends/family members....

come over and spend time with your child(ren) and they seem to be distructive and either mistreat or break thigs?
If so how did you handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My neighbor's kid opened a toy that my kids wanted to keep in the box. They knew it and kept it out of their reach. This kid decided to grab the ladder to the bunk bed and climb up to get it and open it. She also spilled red crystal light on my library book WHILE HER MOTHER WATCHED and I had to replace the book. I did not even get an apology for either situations or an offer to pay for the book. But when the neighbor kids start to act like butts, I send them home.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Ask them why they behave that way, what mom and dad thinks if they act that way.
    You have to understand what are the underlying causes, you can tell them that you would like them to follow the rule or we all have to sit and look at each other for the rest of the day or certains minutes or hours.

You have rule and it is more fun if we all could act accordingly.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Yes! Hubby's cousin (a year older then my hubby) comes over. First time he came he spilled ice cream on the new living room rug. He plays to rough with our dog... blows air in her face, and he once picked her up and she got so wild she fell right on her back with a big BOOM. Fortunately she's fine. We talked to him about being gentle with her, and over the years he's grown up a bit and he's been a lot better. The big problem is that he is divorced and lonely, so he loves our company. Don't get me wrong, we love him too, he just used to be too disruptive.

My DS and DD friend's are absolutely great.
    Anonymous

• My nieces and nephews are like tornadoes when they come here! I either send them home (they live next door), or punish them accordingly.
    Anonymous