Baby stuck on my right side?

I can't seem to google anything helpful so I thought I'd ask here. I have another appointment on Wed. so I'll ask then but for now:

I feel like my baby is grinding her head into the right side of my pelvis (like where your leg meets your groin almost). When you look at my belly I'm all wonky and she's definitely all on my right side. I never feel her more than a kick or punch on my left side. I'm already overdue with no sign of impending labor. Could this have something to do with it?

I know I'm probably just being paranoid but I'm going for a VBAC and I'm sure my doctors are going to look for any reason to say c-section it is.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this something I should even be concerned with? How can I get her to be more centered so it's less uncomfortable for me? Or should I?

Thanks!

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 4:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can google how to flip a breech baby and do those exercises.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 7:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• She might just be moving down more and getting ready to come. Hope she comes soon!
    sweetkrisi

Answer by sweetkrisi at 4:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• well, i moved my son myself (from the outside of course) about two weeks before i had him and it was fine. it wasnt easy and i was gentle but it was uncomfortable doing it, like it ALMOST hurt. but i had to do it just so i could sleep. my son is fine and he'll be three next month so it didnt hurt him... sorry if i didnt help though lol!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• my daughter got stuck under my ribs, and that was painful, it took an hour for her to get unstuck.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Yeah I try to push her a little and it hurts like hell just to gently push on her so I stopped trying to do that lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 4:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My baby is doing the same thing, he kicks the crap out of my right side & he never moves from my right side anymore either.. and since I'm sorta skinny to start with you can see my stomach& it looks like a mountain! lol
    It really bites. =[
    Hope your baby comes soon! I got a month and a week to go still. erg!
    Anonymous

• you know what i would try.... i would try hanging upside down off your couch or a recliner or something. maybe she'll move lol.... i dont see how it could hurt either of you... but its something im going to try in a few months when i get uncomfy again!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• maybe try laying on ur left side? maybe gravity will help? sorry if that doesnt help but i wouldnt be worried- maybe the baby just likes it on that side- i doubt it will prevent u from trying the vbac
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My baby is a one-sided baby too. Been on the right from the start. I'm going in for an induction in a couple of days, so there's no chance for change. lol. When it gets really uncomfortable I just pat him or rub the bump potruding the most and he slides over a little. Anyhow the sonogram showed the placenta to be on the left side. So my son has made his place on the right.
    ducksollady

Answer by ducksollady at 5:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Well I'm glad it's fairly common! Thanks for the reassurance ladies :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 5:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2009