is contrations ok this early?

ok so iam only 14 weeks and when i walk a lot and and in a hurry i get these really sharp pain down low that almost make me stop i had these with my son a lot but they didnt start till around 5 months is this normal this early??

Reneemommy

Asked by Reneemommy at 4:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would say so. just slow down!!! i get them with this pregnancy when i move around a lot and im 19 weeks. i would think its normal otherwise we have a weird coinsidence(sp?) and we both need a doctor!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It's definitely always best to check with your doctor, but everything started earlier for me with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancy. Could also be that the baby is positioned really low? I did start contractions that early with my 2nd pregnancy, but I believe most doctors will say that contractions usually don't begin until after 20 weeks. You should check in with the OB. If your in pain he/she will probably want to know, plus it will probably reassure you that everythng is ok.
    lisamomfor3

Answer by lisamomfor3 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I had those for my entire pregnancy my doctor couldnt tell me why but it made labor a breeze
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• ive been having braxton hicks contractions since 12 weeks but it didnt hurt it was just pressure wut u might be feeling is round ligament pain but if it really bothers u u should ask ur doc to make sure u arent experiencing real contractions- hope that helps!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It may be your muscles stretching for the baby. I had the same thing with my daughter while I was working as a stocker. I ask my doc at the time and that's what he told me. I didn't work with my other two so I didn't get it again.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 5:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2009