why does my baby cry ?

i dont think shes colicky because its not for hours.. i think she may have gas or maybe gettin sick. but she was fine at birth til last monday she started being a whine ass i feed her , change her , burp her , do everything i think it is and i dont know what else to do

gabbymommy09

Asked by gabbymommy09 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try doing bicycle kicks with her or holding her over your knee to burp. my DD was the same way she doesn't do it for hours but the gas is there. colic tablets work WONDERS!!!!!!! is she formula or breastfed? if she's is formula you can try enfamil GentLease. it worked real good but my dd had to be switch to enfamil AR because of GERD. hopefully she doesn't have Acid Reflux cuz it's hell!!!!! it'll get easier mama trust me! do let your doctor know especially when if she does burp she lets out really big ones
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Are you breastfeeding? She may be reacting to something you ate, like if you drank a bunch of milk, she may have a milk sensitivity. If you are breastfeeding, I would suggest cutting out dairy for a week and she if she's doing better. My son had reflux, and I will agree with the pp, it IS hell! But my son cried for hours non-stop, without being able to be consoled, no matter what
    Harrisonsmommie

Answer by Harrisonsmommie at 5:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i agree with both of the above posts. little tummys works wonders also. ask your doc what kind of gas drops you can give a newborn, it sounds like she might be REALLY young still. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I always hear people say babies cry for no reason, but I think they just want to cry sometimes! If you are formula feeding try changing to gentle or even soy. My daughter used to cry so hard she sweated and we didnt know what to do! come to find out she is lactose, so after we got her on soy formula she didnt really cry as much. she also used to cry even if she BARELY wet her diaper! I mean at least let it get heavy first you know but she just HATED being wet. babies communicate by crying so it could be anywhere form a stomach ache to their tag on their clothes bothering them to being to hot or cold, or maybe their just not comfertable! you just have to find out what it is. Maybe she just wants to be held a certain way...I dont know, theres so many possibilities!!!
    magenl

Answer by magenl at 5:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Babies go through stages just be patient and make sure nothing hurts her or she's not wet, hungry or over or under stimmulated, being a parent requires alot of investigation work to find out what your baby likes and dislikes. They can't do things for themselves so... be patient and just be a good mommy.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 5:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It could be gas..it can get quite trapped. I remember one time my son was really really upset and I went for a long long walk with him - an hour plus (in a sling). As we neared home he suddenly let out a huge burp..no joke! It took that long a walk to shift it! Poor thing.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2009