Im even more confused now!! HELP!!

ASK THIS QUESTION EARLIER>>Is it possible for a packed ER to get blood and urine work mixed up??
my af was late so..2 days ago I had a faint + hpt and + blood test done at my hometown clinic. today i was in a diff town and started spotting i thought i may have been miscarrying so i went to the ER where I stayed from 10:30pm til 3am. I was told my urine and blood tests were NEGATIVE and after a pelvic exam there was very little bleeding and I had a closed cervix and that there was no sign of a miscarriage...what would u think?? and what should I do???<<<<<< This morning I was stilll spotting so I went back to the hospital where I got my + result. They tested me and now say my tests r -NEGATIVE!!! I came home and took 2 HPT and they too are NEGATIVE!!! What has happened to me?? and should I go to my OB still or not?

rayleesmommy

Asked by rayleesmommy at 4:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could have been whats called a chemical pregnancy.
    defiantpromises

Answer by defiantpromises at 5:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• This sounds like what is called a chemical pregnancy. A chemical pregnancy is one that has been "diagnosed by hormone levels only" and which does not progress long enough to be diagnosed by ultrasound or audio confirmation of heartbeat. What you're experiencing right now is extremely common; most of those just slightly late periods women have are pregnancies that ended before they even knew they were pregnant.
    I've had at least three myself. A chemical pregnancy doesn't mean you did anything wrong. It means those beginnings-of-a-baby cells divided in such an unhealthy way there was absolutely no way that baby could have lived at all. It's nature's way of dealing with the catastrophic oop's that happen sometimes. I won't pretend to say it's not a big deal - if you were trying to get pregnant, it IS a big deal.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 5:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i guess i should've explained it a little..
    a chemical pregnancy is when an egg is fertilizes (can cause a positive test result) but the egg does not implant
    defiantpromises

• When each of mine happened, at first it didn't bother me but then, when the real period came a day or two later, then I would start bawling. That's when it was real to me that the pregnancy wasn't going to happen.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 5:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009