Have you ever...

left your house and driven your child around just to get him/her to take a nap?

I just returned home from doing just that...this is the first time that I have ever done it...it was kinda nice just listening to the radio and looking at the lake LOL I drove down the road and looked at the houses whose backyards back up to the lake

CoolMommyofboys

Asked by CoolMommyofboys at 4:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I once put him in a stroller, then put the stroller on the treadmill and kinda held it there so the wheels rolled but I didn't have to walk. Put him right out.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I've done it. I've done it at 5 in the morning before! Nothing else would make him sleep. once we've even laid him on the front seat and just started the pickup. lol. he was out! My boyfriend has a really loud pickup, I dont know what it is about it, but the sound of it put him right to sleep.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Some kids can't sleep when it's quiet. Some can't sleep if there is no noise at all. You can try having music on when he's trying to sleep. Heck, if it's the noise. Make a recording of the car or truck, and play that!!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• totatly have done that, but it was always at like 4 am!
    Anonymous

• I haven't done that myself, but my parents used to do that with me. I had colic and reflux and couldn't go to sleep lying down which made me difficult to put to sleep, so they would drive me around until I conked out. Now I jokingly blame them for my inability to stay awake on long drives. LOL

My problem is usually the opposite though - kids falling asleep in the car when I *don't* want them to!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 5:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My husband used to have to do that.
    We have also used the washing machine technique, too...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2009