I dropped my expensive G1 phone in the toilet!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!

How can I save it? I dried it as much as I could and took it all apart. This happened yesterday. The phone will turn on but the screen isn't working. Please help if there is another way I can fix it! I've only had the phone for like, 3-1/2 months I got it for my birthday from my fiance I am sooo mad at myself!!!

madrigalreject

Asked by madrigalreject at 5:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• HAHA. Thatt's funny. Why would you want to save it? It has been in a very dirty place.
    Anonymous

• Don't listen to anon . . so rude. I don't know. I would say dry it out as much as possible and see what happens, but the screen is probably done for. Sorry, that's sucks.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Was it insured?
    Anonymous

• I saw a piece on Today show months ago about this. All I remember is that they took it apart. I don't remember what else they did. They did say it might not be possible to save it. I think there was a certain length of time to wait before trying to turn it back on. Also I'd say shake it out well. Try googling drop phone toilet and see if you get anything. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 5:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Did you see that movie Nick and Nora's Playlist? That girl dropped her's in some nasty toilet and still stuck her hand in there and retrieved it! Isn't it funny how important our cells have become? I am not sure if you can save it but hope you did insure it. Once that little dot on the inside turns colors warranties are not good anymore. I know my dd grabbed her's in water and ripped off the back then ran for her hair dryer! I have never seen her move that fast but alas it didn't help. She had to get a new one. I hope you fare better with yours.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• if you have insurance on it you will only have to pay like a fifty dollar fee for a new one!!! you can also look on ebay and stuff for a new screen. take it to the store and see what they say!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• if i had done that, i would just have reported it missing and my insurance would have gotten me another one, but then id have to deal with losing all my contacts and photos. good luck though, you could try to call the cell company and see if you have insurance on it
    Kaci_Eden

Answer by Kaci_Eden at 5:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i would be devistated in my dropped my g1 in the potty... did you buy the phone full price or did you get an upgrade. id buy a new one, i cant live without mine. call tmobile and cry... they are pretty nice.
    SadiasMomma

Answer by SadiasMomma at 5:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• that will teach you to stop talking while you are peeing....really was that phone call that important? and hey did you try to blow dry it ? if not see if the store will make an exchange?
    Anonymous

• ACTUALLY YOU RUDE ANON PEOPLE... I was not on the phone nor was the toilet water dirty. My phone was in my back pocket and when I went to pull my pants down BEFORE I even peed, I fell out of my pocket. So don't be an asshole. You clearly are quick to spew rude words out of your mouth before you even know the story. PS shouldn't you be a little nicer being moms? Take an anti-cunt pill it will do you some good! Bitches.
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 3:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2009