How many oz of cows milk does your 1-2 year old get every day?

And how many oz of juice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 16 oz. of milk and 4 oz of juice with 4 oz. of water.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• about sippy cups im not sure how many oz that is. and two sippys of juice/water
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• None of milk.

None of juice. I sometimes blend some fruit or some melon and add it to his water.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• well depends on the actual age. when he first turned a year old, i gave him about four cups of milk a day, one with each meal, and one with his snack. and he had as much half juice, half water, as he wanted during the day. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My two year old drinks a cup with dinner, and sometimes with lunch. Its in a little cup so I dont know ounces
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 6:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• All three of my boys have been getting 20-24oz per day ever since they were switched to milk.

Juice, they get no more than 8oz mixed 50/50 with water per day, and if thirsty any other times can have all the water they want.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• my 16 month old drinks : 35 ounces (about 5 sippys worth) of milk.. and about 7 ounces of juice a day. (i normally put about 7 ounces in each sippy)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My 20 mon old gets 2 sippy cups of milk a day...one at night and one in morning and he drinks water and juice when he wants it thru day but not after 7 at night!
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 8:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• she's 22 months, and she gets 20 oz of milk (a 10 oz straw sippy when she wakes up in the morning and when she wakes up from her nap), another couple of ounces if she really wants milk with a meal, but she rarely really wants to drink it then. We don't give her juice unless she's sick (can't have milk) and then it's very diluted.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Hiya- I used to work for a nutrition program and the recommended amount was no more than 16oz a day. If your baby hasn't weened from the bottle it might be more. But really if your baby is eating other dairy like yogurt and cheese even one sippy cup (4-8oz) a day will do. When I worked in nutrition it happened to often that mommies went all crazy with milk and this really is not necessary. Too much milk can lead to a child having a poor appetite or even anemia. Also keep in mind that while milk does have vit D it does not have other important things your baby needs like iron- so to wrap this up keep the milk to no more than two 8oz sippy cups a day or less.
    kittymom83

Answer by kittymom83 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009