Is there a free way to track a cell phone number? Or just find who owns it?

My husband and I were watching TV and he got a text on the cell(we only have one and it is pretty much his phone, his dad pays for it and I barely use it for my personal use, it's always for dr's appts and junk. . .anywho)he got a text and it said "Hey sexy". The number is not familiar and he said he doesn't know who it is. I called the number numerous times and no answer, straight to voicemail and the voicemail is the automated one. Oh yea, he doesn't have text on his phone so it's not like we can text back. Any way to find out who the hell it is??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Wait a couple of days and ring it from a pay phone....
    Anonymous

• You can pay to have the number checked.
    Anonymous

• yes there is..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 5:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• and what way is that miss_nevin?
    Anonymous

• have you tried whitepages.com reverse look up? If that only gives you the company then go to the company website and see if they have a directory. If all else fails, call the number.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I agree call from a pay phone or call from your own phone if you have call block *67 to block your phone number from showing on some one else's caller id. not too many people block their phones from accepting blocked calls.
    Anonymous

• yeah but even a blocked number that goes straight to voice mail isn't going to help her

Answer by admckenzie at 5:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i agree on calling tomorrow or another day from a different number. other than that i dont think there is anyway to find out...
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 5:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I've tried white pages and raverse phone search and everything and it comes up with nothing. . . . .GGGRRR!!!! I wanna know who the hell is texting my husband and saying hey sexy
    Anonymous

• ino there used to be reverse look up on verizon's website. idk if there still is but its worth a shot. it only looks up verizons # 's tho
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2009