What was the best Wedding gift you recieved?

A very close friend of my is having a wedding shower next weekend. I am wanting to get her a really awesome gift, but I am trouble finding what I a looking for. So again, what was the best wedding gift you recieved when you were married!

Makenseysmom

Asked by Makenseysmom at 5:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Those that I still use, if that means they were the best, are the set of corningware and the set of pyrex. I still use them. Another was my hand held mixer- it lasted 20 years. I can't even remember what else we got. Something I bought recently that I like a lot is a stainless steel set of measuring spoons, and I see they sell stainless steel measuring cups, too. I bought mine from Amazon.com.

Answer by Bmat at 5:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• A basket full of household stuff like cleaning supplies and toilet paper and toiletries. My husband and I were moving into our new place after the wedding and forgot quite a few things. That basket was a life saver.
    rena_goldmoon

Answer by rena_goldmoon at 5:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I agree with rena. thats exactly what i was going to say. I bought my best friend a big cleaning bucket full of cleaning supplies. she loved it. i know she'll def find a use for it. another idea ive done, is buy a big crock pot..( i got it on sale) and fill it with a bunch of spices and marinades, and litte utensils. I appreciated gift cards to grocery stores.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Honestly, for me, it was the pack of diapers that my hubby's cousin got us. I was 6 months preggo when we got married, so they came in handy once the baby was born. We used every one of them. lol.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Crockpot.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• If she is that close of a friend, and is expecting a lot of gifts for her wedding, I would go with something personal that she will cherish. Housewares are nice, but be careful that she does not end up with two or more of the same thing (I now have 3 crockpots, 3 knife sets, and 2 toasters lol). My favorite gift was a bag of Jelly Bellies from my Mother (they are my favorite candy ever)...and my MIL made us a personalized decorative plate with our names, our wedding date, and personal symbols on it. You could also think of nice, personalized photo frames, or photo albums for all of her wedding photos.
    IzzysMommy87

Answer by IzzysMommy87 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2009