Would any of you like to know how my baby shower went?

It was amazing! tons of laughing!!!
tons of amazing baby stuff :D
i still need to buy TONS AND TONS of new born diapers...we have like over 1,000 level 1-3 diapers! lol..just 80 NB diapers lol..so i need to go out and buy some!!

and i need to buy a breast pump...is there a special bottle im supposed to use for the breastfeeding? also am i supposed to put something in the bottle? like a liner?

but the baby shower was amazing! and im due this wednesday :D

i cant wait to have my little girl!!

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 5:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good for you. Wait on buying more newborn diapers. Depending on your baby's size, you might use the size 1 sooner than you think.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 5:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• they said shes about 6 pounds currently based on my last ultrasound last week
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 5:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I am so happy for you! Don't buy too many newborn diapers until you know the definite weight of your daughter...just a couple bags to get you through the first week are enough.
    Speak with a lactation specialist about preferred nipples and bottles, but I know that keeping the baby on the breast is best for milk production and promotes the best mouth and tongue placement.
    I wish you well and hope to hear from you when you get home from the birth.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• What fun! I am glad it was such a memorable experience! You must be so excited! If you use bottles that take liners it would keep you from needing to sterilize. Maybe it would say on the pump box what bottles to use. I agree with Tetona about waiting to see about the diapers. The newborns are very little.

Answer by Bmat at 5:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My daughter was 6 lb 6 oz. We did not use the newborn diapers long. Babies grow quickly. I bet your excited.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 5:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Oops, I was typing when you posted the weight.
    Don't always go by the ultrasound weights - they were way off for each of my 3 children. In fact, my third child was induced early because they said she was nearing 10 lbs and she was born only at 8 lbs 12 oz.
    My granddaughter was born at 6 lbs 3 oz and was in size 1 diapers at 5 weeks of age. She breastfed in the beginning and didn't gain much weight, but when she was switched to formula (my daughter's milk completely dried up) she gained weight quickly.
    Again, best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Congrats!! I agree with the others. My dd was 6lbs 9 oz and we only used newborn size diapers for like a month. Ultrasounds can be off by as much as a lb. I would just wait. That is great that you have so many of the other size diapers. You will be set for a long time. Congrats again!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• ooohhh i did not know that! im honestly not even nervous about the pain at all..i could careless about the pain..im just pumped to meet my little girl that i have been keeping safe in my belly for 9 months :D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 5:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2009