What illnesses are going around in your area?

joannakitler

Asked by joannakitler at 5:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Health

• There's some kind of stomach virus going around. When I was getting my hair done on Friday there were two ladies (not together) who came in. Both commented that they were sick and said it was a stomach bug. I thought at the time that they really shouldn't be there and spreading the bug around.

Answer by Bmat at 5:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• We had/have a stomach bug going around too. For me it started with a migraine, then feeling nausious (which I though was from the migraine) going to bed and then waking up out of nowhere at midnight to puke. I spent the whole next day laying on the couch with NO energy and an achy body.

My SO got it the day after I did, but he puked like 10 times. It was over in the same amount of time though (between 24-48 hours).

However, when my MIL got it, she got diarrhea with it and it lasted 3 days.

Oh, and I live in Northern California.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Ugggh we have some weird bronchitits flu like strain going on around here in springville utah, I've been with this barky cough for awhile now.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• In SE Wisc/NE IL, there is a nasty stomach virus going around and it lasts 24-48 hours. Diarreah, vomitting, stomach cramps. There is also the flu or URI viruses. My friends daughter has had a nasty cough and fever on and off for over 3 weeks.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2009