When did you start feeding your baby real food???

My baby is 8 months old and eats baby food alot...when did you start giving your baby real food? I know there is a concern with allergies. But I am curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Here is a great list of foods to give your baby at this age. You can backtrack to the 6-8 months food chart if your baby isn't ready for this yet.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 6:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You can give your baby whatever you're feed him/her from the jar. If it's green beans, carrots, peas, etc., you can add them fresh in a blender, add a little water, then puree them. My daughter loved the fresh veggies much more than those in the jar.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 6:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Thanks mamachamp...that site answered alot of my questions!
    Anonymous

• We started introducing table and finger foods at 6 months. By the time they were 9 months old, their entire diet was table foods.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• about 71/2 -8 months old. It depends on your little one. Does your baby have teeth? Is he chewing his foods? If you answered yes to both, he's ready. If you want help with chewing, try gerber puffs (they dissolve fast and help them to learn to chew). Do easy to chew foods first, bananas, peas, cooked carrots, etc. Then work you way on up.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Your baby doesn't have to have teeth for solids. Some kids are gumming entire meals because they still don't have teeth at 11-12 months... with an 8 mo it's safe to give your baby some Puffs or a saltine cracker... just watch closely to see if s/he gums it, moves it around, chews it, etc. Start small and work up, according to what you and your baby seem comfortable with. You can mash your own banana, carrots, etc. to give your baby food he's already used to with just a little thicker/chunkier texture, too.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2009