tooth pain

I have a horrible mouth/tooth ache. My whole right jaw is constantly in pain, top and bottom. Can only open my mouth a little bit. No swollen, feels tender. I get woken up to the pain. I'm 7.5 months pregnant. What can I do to stop the pain until I'm able to make an appointment with dentist? Ive tried pain reliver and orajel.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Health

• If I were you I would head into the closest Urgent Care or Express Care in your area. Tooth pain/infections/swelling is nothing to mess with even when you AREN'T pregnant.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Oh, and you can take up to 500mg of Tylenol for pain.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• maybe put some on a swab or cotton and leave it agianst your gum or tooth? Sorry!! Feel better mama!!!! Try distracting your mouth's nerves by tapping on another part of your body, making that tapping more prominent nerve wise than elsewhere. When I've done that it's helped me get though mouth pain. Also try breathing out as soon the second that an ache starts until it's gone. Take care and call your ob and dentist as soon as you can!!!
    Anonymous

• Going to an urgent care or e r even is a good idea but some such places won't touch you for aches and anything else when pregnant. I went to the e r when I was pregnant for a cough and that doctor came in saw my bell and refused to order a script for me. Told me to get over to my ob. Obviously though if I were in an accident or a broken bone, something like that it would have been take care of. But at least the u c or e r could tell you if your jaw is affected or if it's a toothache. Be Better!
    Anonymous

• vanillia extract just a few drops and youll be fine, or clove oil! they work wonders i used them and theyre all natural and wont harm the baby. and you dont swallow it you just put a couple drops right on the area that hurts.
    Anonymous

• yep clove oil is the bomb. I used that when I had an inpacted wisdom tooth it actully works very well.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• THANK U!!!!
    Anonymous