what do i do ?

i really don't anyone keeping my 2 month old son not even his father.im scared they might do something wrong.

kitkatsan

Asked by kitkatsan at 6:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you don't know them, why is your son with them? I would not let me child go with someone I did not trust, especially that young.

Go get your son. He needs to be with his mom.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• hes not with them.they constantly ask me why i don't let them keep him.
    kitkatsan

Answer by kitkatsan at 6:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You don't have to let anyone "keep" him for you. (Unless you have a custody order). I agree with you. He's too young to be "kept" from you.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You don't trust the man with his OWN SON?

What are they going to do wrong? How long do they want to keep him? By what you've written, I'm going out on a limb and going to think that you are not married to the father.

Do they want him over night or for a few hours during the day? Are you preventing the father from seeing his own son?
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean. Trying having the father do a training session with your baby. Basically let him care for your baby with your shadowing, as well as anyone else that wants to watch your son, when you know they understand your son and his needs, and a capable, you'll feel a lot better about handing him over to them. When you do, start off with an hour or two and work on an extra hour each time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• That's totally fine. I dont trust anyone alone with my daughter either, besides my mom. Still, I didnt leave my daughter once until she was four months old, and then it was only for a few hours in the day and she was with my mom.

Now she's almost one and I still wont leave her with anyone besides my mom, if they keep bugging you about it, there's not much you can do besides be firm and dont give in. You have that mommy gut for a reason and if your not comfortable leaving your baby, dont!
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 7:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2009