Which sunscreens are best for babies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use the Avon Skin So Soft brand sunscreen/bug repellant.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 6:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• None for under 6 months.

http://www.babycenter.com/404_what-kind-of-sunscreen-is-best-for-babies_12504.bc

otherwise copy and paste the link above for ideas on what to look for.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I use Water babies. My kids are mixed and some are really fair skinned so I needed something waterproof that would prevent them from burning and that brand really works for me:)
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 7:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Water babies is a brand I used b/c its water proof and no tears. I'm sure other brands are the same...this one is cheap and you can get it at walmart. I have put it on my 3 month old. He didn't have any reaction to it.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I love the Aveeno products for babies. They make a good baby sunscreen. The explanation my pediatrician gave for the "no sunscreen before 6 months" statement is that under 6 month (and for older babies, too), you cannot put sunscreen on your baby and consider him or her protected. The companies don't recommend using their product because your baby under 6 months shouldn't be exposed to much direct sun in the first place. So the recommendation my pedi made was that if you're going to be out in the sun, by all means put sunscreen on your wee one, just don't count on it for much -- keep them covered most of the time.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009