Has anyone ever had a bad reaction to Aquafor or lanolin products?

After going through a laser type facial I was told to apply Aquafor. My face got so itchy and bumpy and I feel almost positive it is the aquafor. I think there are other people that may be using these products and going through the same without knowing. Does anyone have any answers?

jackeeo

Asked by jackeeo at 6:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Health

• nope
    i use it for itchiness
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• lanolin is a wool product- so people with sensitive skin (and animal allergies) should be careful with it
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 6:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Aquaphor is water based, I doubt that is the problem. It could be from the laser treatment, that is pretty rough on sensitive skin. I would think it would be the Lanolin. Aquaphor is used for Eczema and diaper rash, I have also used it for chapped lips.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My friend is very allergic to lanolin. She gets a bad rash if it even touches her skin at all. But the laser treatment can also cause a reaction- especially in sensitive skin
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2009