Is there anywhere that I can buy clothes for my size (plus size) that are inexpensive but still chic? (Keyword being inexpensive...lol) PIOC

I occasionally shop at Torrid (where I wear a size zero...yaay! lol) but they are very expensive IMO. I am just wondering where I can buy cute clothes with a Wet Seal price tag for my size. Oh and I live in Alaska so if you know of anywhere here, that would be great, but online stores are okay too. Thanks in advance!

PrayzAlphaOmega

Asked by PrayzAlphaOmega at 6:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• here in Idaho they have a place called Ross its a name brand store for less! and TJ Maxx is another I like, so maybe get on the internet and see if you cant buy online =)
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• why do you in the subject line say plus size, and then say you wear a size zero?????????

ross
    marshalls
    tj max
    all good stores
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• WELL I KNOW HERE AT THE MALL I WALK PAST STORES LIKE LANE BRYANT I ALWAYS SEE SIGNS FOR SALES IN THERE.
    THERE ARE A COUPLE OTHERS I SEE BUT I DOTN SHOP THERE SO I CANT REMEMBER LOL SORRY I HOPE IT HELPS A LITTLE THO .

SORRY FOR THE CAPS IM BLIND RIGHT NOW LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• mommymeg03, sorry, I should have said that Torrid is a Plus Size store so their sizes start at zero, but its a plus size zero not a normal person size zero. Sorry...lol Just happy that I am a size zero somewhere lol.
    PrayzAlphaOmega

Answer by PrayzAlphaOmega at 9:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My favorite place to shop is the plus size area at Macy's. I had never looked there and was pleasently surprised to find some decent prices, especially clearanced items. GThe line that I tend to like the most is Eyeshadow I think. I have been in Torrid and do like their clothes but am not willing to pay those prices.(For the above poster Torrid has a size below 1x which is 0 but is plus sized) I would second the TJ Maxx, Ross, Burlington Coat Factory or Marshalls. Some of those have a decent selection of a younger look for plus sizes. Select Sears have a Junior plus which is a hit and miss.My favorite for t-shirts and sweatshirts is Tommy Hilfiger which they have an XXL in womens which is a 1x or 2x and at their outlets they have some great deals. Gap sells larger clothes but they do not tend to have as good of sales.Good luck it can be a hard search to find plus size clothes that fit your personality and your budget.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Rainbow?

I don't know, you can get some cute stuff at K-Mart these days.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Deb is a good one. they have really cute clothes and always have clearance! they have a really big selection too! I know you can order online. At the store they always have clearance tho. I usually look for clearance especially if im low on money. I boughten multiple pairs of jeans for $8 and shirts for 4$
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Go to http://www.iteya.com - It lists coupons, specials, and sales/clearances for hundreds of online stores. Once you create a free account, you can search all the stores for your product, or click on the Clothing & Accessories category.

For example, one of the stores it lists is Lane Bryant Catalog (plus size clothing), which is having a liquidation sale with its clothes 50% off.
    MoneySaver

Answer by MoneySaver at 7:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Lane Bryant has awesome sales. My friend shops on line at www. roamans.com. She shops at a couple of other places that I can't remember the names. Oh, you can try Dress Barn.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2009