after you have your baby, how long do you bleed for?

whats the "shortest" amount of time and whats like...generally the longest

pretty much whats the average amount of time to bleed after you a baby and should i buy diapers for myself? lol

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 6:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No diapers... but heavy pads .. you will need them..

I bleed for 6 weeks.. 2 days later i started my period.

Its not fun!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 6:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• omg!!! that sucks!! wtf...wait so the bleeding has nothing to do with a period???

wth!!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 6:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• LOL no... but.. it does slow down after a little while. Dont worry, you will be so concintrated on your baby you wont even care..

Just get some heavy duty pads lol
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 6:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I bleed for 2 hours after having her then had my period at 7 weeks.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Buy some airline pillows, I mean pads, and you'll be set. No seriously, I bled for like 2 weeks, had a break and started bleeding again (it was my period). Right after labor, it's called Lochia, that's what the bleeding is. It's different for everyone.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I bled for 8 weeks...it sucked. Not looking forward to doing that part again.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• haha no honey no diapers just heavy pads. i bleed for 3 months . it sucked . but my dr said it was normal and there was nothing wrong with me
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I bled for two weeks then it tured into a sticky discharge! Not bad though you dont really mind when you have your little bundle of joy to take care of. Stock up on heavy pads and pantyliners!
    Anonymous

• mine was for 2 days and with my 2nd I did not come on intil 7 moths after but with my last one I got it 2 month after. Hope this baby will be like the 2nd but they all not the same

Good luck
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 7:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Bleeding varies greatly, the amount of time at least but you will follow a certain patern. And when you nurse the cramping makes you bleed more for a little while, like a small gushes while you are cramping. It gets worse with every baby so for a 1st time mom some notice and some dont. You will also pass clots, and if you stop bleeding all of a sudden it is probably a clot got stuck but be prepared because when it gets un stuck sometimes there will be a huge gush after that too. Your bleeding will start to turn darker red, then brown, and slowly to pink, and then taper off to being white/clear. Not like a period that just stops and you are done. It will be really heavy for a day or 2 (hospital has huge pads) then the overnight thinck pads should do just fine.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009