I don't know what to think?

If your BF compares you to othe women what does it mean basically. Like for example saying i know women that cook better than you or their hair looks better than yours

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• means that he is an ass
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It doesn't sound like a happy relationship. If you have a religious adviser seek their advice. If you don't get couples counseling or even go on your own. If you see a life in the future with this guy, then you'll need to watch what you say and to do as he wishes. If he is bringing in the money and you are in charge of the household, then making the meals or at least buying the food and putting it on the table is part of what you are expected to do unless you and he have worked it out otherwise. If you both work, then perhaps the cooking duties should be shared. Since you are about to have a baby, this may be one of those times, the other being illness or exhaustion, when you should not be expected to be the meal-provider, and he needs to understand this and step in to help.

Answer by Bmat at 6:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Tell him if he wants the other women than go get them. verbal abuse is not good for you and the stress isnt good for the baby. maybe leave him for a couple of nights just to let him see how it would be without you. Maybe he will appreciate you more.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 6:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It definitely means he doesn't appreciate you. He might be bored in the relationship.
    Anonymous

• means he's a jerk!
    Start telling him you know guys with bigger weiners or something
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 6:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Ditto what Mommymeg03 said.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• To me it doesn't necessarily mean he is bored in the relationship. To me it could mean that he wants to break you down over time ( controlling). He will have you strive to be like them or better.. ( what he wants). .Although I have learned if he is comparing you to ONE woman repeatedly then it is a sure-fire sign of cheating ( or wanting to cheat with that person).
    Anonymous

• I'd dump his a$$. Why be with a man who doesn't appreciate you? There are PLENTY of men in the world, don't stick with one who doesn't treat you well.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 8:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I think its mean, disrespectful and hurtful. doing it back to him might just make it worse for you. I would tell him how you feel...maybe he's not quite over the previous relationship..he needs to accept you for who you are.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2009