does anyone crave the smell of pine sol while preggo?

Does anyone crave certain scent or smell while preg.??

seasnakesc

Asked by seasnakesc at 7:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hell i crave the scent and Im not pregnant...; }
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Oh...Pine Sol makes me ill..NO joke!

However while I was Pregnant with my second baby I craved the smell of Tide. I would put the Tide in the washer turn the water on to fill and basically put my head in the washer and smell. My DH thought I was insane. After my baby was born the compulsion to smell Tide was gone and I did not have anything like that with my later pregnancy.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• im more like the lady on the gain commercial- i LOVE the smell of apple mango tango gain lol- i crave it to the point where i wash anything from drapes to blankets to have the smell in my house lol- oh and i crave the smell of clean linen febreeze air effects
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I loved the smell of lemon pine sol with my last pregnancy. Anything fruity smelling made my day!!
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 7:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• If something that is not food smells overly good to you, then you might be lacking nutrients.
    My first pregnancy I had some blueberry face scrub, and It smelled soooo good! I wished it was food so I could eat it!
    This is called Pica
    They don't know for SURE that it means you are lacking, but there may be a connection between pica, and an iron deficiency.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I usually hate the smell of the nail salon, we have one in Walmart here and I hated it and would usually go somewhere else to check out if they had the fumes going strong. Lately I find myself sitting outside the salon just sniffing, I can't get enough of that smell. Hubby thinks I am nuts.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• No. But I've heard of women craving odd things when preggo. I saw this one woman on tv who liked eating Ajax powder.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I've heard of women craving household cleaners while pregnant. like the blue sparkly ones especially. they see them and think they look refreshing. If you crave things like that, i would definitely remove them from your home.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 3:27 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i dont wana eat or drink it. I just crave to clean with them and smell them. I def dont huff lol.
    seasnakesc

Answer by seasnakesc at 10:18 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• YES! i am 7 months pregnant with my second child. i actually just picked up the computer 20 minutes ago and googled "obsessed with pinesol" and have found tons of artilcles. i have always loved the smell, i was starting to think that it was something psychological from my childhood, but after reading all of these blogs, there are a lot of people out there with this. i also find that smelling the pinesol makes me crave chewing on ice.
    leave1ec

Answer by leave1ec at 9:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2009