I'm a member of Blockbuster and I used to be a member of Netflix,my question is I don't have time to watch a movie since I'm busy all day with a toddler and I fall asleep when I pop in a movie so should I keep the membership with a few DVDs or cancel it since tiume is not on my side?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 7:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Entertainment

• Perhaps you should take a class on basic decision making? Cancel the membership.
    Anonymous

• If you really don't watch the movies, cancel the membership. If you watch them sometimes, then maybe see if there is a lower-cost, smaller number membership you can get. But if you just fall asleep every time, it's not worth the money. Plus, I don't know about you, but my satellite, I get so many different channels that have movies that I can always find one to watch if I do want to watch one and it doesn't cost me any extra.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• cancel and go to Red Box and rent one for $1.00 if you get time

Answer by admckenzie at 7:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I canceled my membership when I had the same movie at my house for a couple of weeks. It was just a waste of my money because I didn't have time to watch.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I kept my membership at the lowest cost option. I think it's 2.99 plus tax per month and allows me 2 rentals per month. I can swing 3 bucks per month even if I'm not watching a lot of movies. Plus you can always get kids movies as your toddler is getting a little bigger. But if you honestly aren't ever watching the movies, then cancelling it is probably best.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:51 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would cancel the membership and go to your public library to get free movies when you have time!
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 12:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You should look into RedBox --- all rentals are $ 1.00 each!

I like that I don't have to leave the movies in my mailbox for someone to 'take' and I also really like the convenient locations all around town to drop them back off.

They always get the new releases on the dates they come out! --- I really can't say enough about them --- please they have TONS of free rental codes you can use!

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 11:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I have Netflix and all the movies I get are more for my toddler than they are for me. I like that my toddler can watch the Disney movies as much as she wants before I send them back. Plus if I find one she really loves, I go to eBay and wont pay more than $5 for it. There is also a half off on eBay where you can buy movies really cheap for $2 or less! ( I just found this out yesterday.)

I would keep it, rent one for your toddler and one for you and watch them seperately. You can get things done while your child watches and not feel guilty and then watch yours during their nap. Thats what I would do if you really have to have the new releases right away.
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I had Netflix. I had the same problem. Then I found out that I can buy brand new movies, even new releases on Ebay for $5!! Now if there's a movie I would like to see, I buy it on Ebay and then if we don't like it I re-sell it. Way cheaper than Netflix!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 8:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We have a netflix account for one movie at a time. What is really cool about Netflix is I can watch a lot of movies online.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2009