Anyone else read these???

I have always been a non-fiction reader and definitly not into anything like vampires but I did see the movie Twilight with my dd and loved it and now reading the books..it's all I want to do but I feel quilty of it too..I'm 46 a stay home mom but everything is always done first but still feel bad, quilty when I sit and read for hours..my kids are older too.Any other Mothers feel this way and are reading them too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• You should not feel guilty! You take care of your family 24/7. You should have some time to spend on yourself. If you spend that time reading then good for you...you are exercising your mind not vegging out on tv or surfing the net. Even if you were choosing tv or being on the internet...so what you need time to do what you like.
    Enjoy those books. I love reading, it really is one of my favorite things. Mmmmm a good book and a cup of coffee during nap time is heavenly!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I haven't read them, but I do get lost in what I read. and nothing gets done will the book is over it seems..

reading for hours is a good thing and housework is over-rated. It'll be messy again in a day or 2 anyway.

no one ever says "I wish I cleaned the house more" on their deathbed

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 7:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i read all four books and never felt guilty about it . i stayed up at night and did most of the reading when it was nice and quiet. : )
    mayomom4

Answer by mayomom4 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You should NEVER feel guilty for reading any kind of book. I have read all 4 books and am starting to reread them. I read all the time, many different genres of books and I will never feel guilty for reading. Why would you feel guilty for reading Twilight or anyother book?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I'm the same way, I usually only read non-fiction but I loved Twilight. Enjoy it because when you finish all four you think, "What now?"
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 12:54 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Not those, but I'm a big Harry Potter fan - I can't stand romance or any hint of it, so I'm staying away from the whole Twilight series. But give me action fantasy any day and I'm gone...and I don't mind because then my son gets to see me reading something and ENJOYING it - which is what reading should be about - not just education, but enjoyment. I want him to know that reading can make me laugh, cry, sing, be happy and be sad...all in the same book. Reading should be FUN...so enjoy it! Don't feel guilty.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2009